17 Mar Unreasonable Hope 2: Listen to Pastor Noah’s sermon ‘How To Hope Part 1’
A lot of Christians don’t always fully understand how to handle hope or what to do with it. The problem is we have to place our hope somewhere. Somewhere we’re trying to use it. Hope is established in the sameness of Jesus!
Listen to our podcasts on iTunes. <— Click here!
1 Peter 1:21
Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.
The same happens to all who forget God. The hopes of the godless evaporate.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Hope is established in the sameness of Jesus
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)
- There should be no disconnect between Jesus and God.
- We look to Jesus to see God because “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.” (Colossians 1:15)
- We can’t treat Jesus similar to our human relationships. When that happens, we tend to drift and forget God.
- Evaporated hope is a result of an unestablished understanding of who Jesus is.
4 ways to get to know Jesus
- Through the Bible – reading through the gospels and epistles.
- Through worship – this is the most intimate thing you can do.
- Through hearing – attending church, listening to podcasts and having conversations with friends and family about God.
- Serve His body – You’ll never connect and get to know Jesus as fully as you can until you serve like Christ.